Just to get an idea, only one cricket player is among the 100 highest paid athletes in the World, but that receives an exorbitant value of 31 million a year (27 of them being in sponsorships) making him the 23rd highest paid athlete in the world, In 2015.
This sport derives from an old sport called stoolball, being that in the 17th century, the English nobility began to adopt cricket more as a real sport and he changed suffering mutations to what it is today.
Cricket was already an Olympic sport, but it ended up leaving the program because it did not have all the rules well defined and the number of practitioners around the world was not large enough. They are currently trying to include it again, first as an exhibition sport (without medals) but it is not yet known when to achieve it.
The game of cricket is a bit complex and very different from any other sport, having very specific rules and the way they play too, although some claim that it is similar to baseball (perhaps solely in some aspects).
Each team is made up of 11 players, being that the field does not have a defined dimension, only having as a requirement that it is wide.
Normally it has an oval shape and consists of 3 zones:
- This has two zones of it. A central zone and two extremes (which have an “H”).
- In the central area of the rectangle are 2 Cane Attackers, which have a cricket block.
- On the lower end is the pitcher and on the upper end is the receiver to collect the balls
- Inner Space and Outer Space – The 11 Defenses of the team he is defending are distributed here.
Purpose of the Game and Positioning
Each Batedor Attacker is placed in front of his “witch-et” and while one is waiting for the ball to be sent to him by the Pitcher the other Attacker is waiting to run.After the ball is thrown, the attacker will attempt to bounce the ball as far as possible, and the following situations may occur:
- If the ball leaves the field through the air, score 6 points
- If the ball leaves the field, but has already hit the ground, score 4 points
- If the ball is lowered and remain within the field, the bats can mark in the same change of positions the greater number of times. When some defense manages to catch the ball and send to the Receiver, as soon as he receives the ball they can no longer change. Each change is worth 1 point.
The distribution of the defense is 2 players near the rectangle (the pitcher and the catcher), 4 in the inner space and 5 in the outer space.
How to Remove the Whisk
There are several ways to achieve this, being the following:
Knock Down the Witch-et by the Launcher
The pitcher to make the pitch will take the balance and end up doing so in the line of the end of the rectangle. If he manages to hit and knock down one of the 3 rods of the “Witchet” after the ball has removed once on the ground, the Staff is eliminated.
As in baseball, if after the Batter sends the ball out, some Defense to get caught before touching the ground, then the Staff is eliminated.
Knock Down the Witchet for a Defense
If after the hitter he knocks the ball out and starts making changes with the other batter to score points, if a defense to catch the ball send from afar and hit and knock down one of the witchet’s rods or send to the Receiver Defense and This to tear down.
Defend with the knee
If the kicker defends the ball with the knee to prevent the witchet from being knocked down, then the batter will be eliminated.
How the game ends
In the game you define a certain number of Overs per inning (game) and a certain number of games (one or two). An Over are 6 consecutive throws by a player. Once these Overs have been reached by the team or to eliminate 10 beaters or 10 knock down the witchet 10 times the match ends and the team that was attacking happens to defend and vice versa.
At the top of all outlined games, the team with the foremost points wins. If he hears a tie